The LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer follows in the wake of the ipad and other tablet computers that have swamped the market in the last 3 years. The main difference with the Leap Frog Leap Pad Explorer is that it is targeted for children. The price is a lot cheaper too. You still have the functionality of a touch screen. There are also a good range of children’s apps for you to choose from.
Features Of The LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer
* Portable Handheld tablet computer designed for children,
* Strong and sturdy construction,
* A choice of green and purple designs,
* Mum’s and Dads can see how their children are progressing online,
* Tablet includes a simple camera and a video recorder,
* Standard built in memory of 2GB,
* The 5” screen can be used with your fingers or with the stylus provided,
* Guaranteed for 1 year,
* Huge range of add ons and programs including videos, books, games and more (works with Leapster Explorer titles).
What Is Included With The Leap Pad
* The LeapFrog LeapPad device itself,
* A software CD to use with your computer.
* The USB cord to hook up the Leap Pad to your computer,
* Dedicated stylus for using with the touch screen.
What Can You Do On The LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer?
There are many different types of software and applications for your child to enjoy.
* A Suite of programs to produce your own stories and videos,
* Art program including photo manipulation,
* Full range of educational programs to support your child’s school subjects.
* Movie maker and production software,
* Full Ebook reader,
* Flash card activities.
There are two ways to expand the Leap Pad. You can buy programs online by linking the pad to your computer. You can also buy stand alone cartridges that contain software.
Is The LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Suitable For Your Child?
If you already have the Leapster Explorer then you can use all the products you own on the new Leap Pad. So if you are looking to upgrade there is no problem. You can also have two children swapping and sharing their games and apps. Perhaps the best thing is how the software is set with different difficulty levels which mean that it will grow as your child develops.
The recommended age group is 4 – 9 years and I think that is about right. The most benefit will be had for children in the middle of this age group but there is something for everyone here. And it comes in a tablet format.